Taking the “LEED”
for Green Schools
While buildings alone don’t make great schools, they are vital to the educational, emotional and social development of students, staff and the local community. Precast allows for original, vibrant designs, vast finish and color options, and incredible versatility of floor plans. Precast’s panelized system, energy efficiency, low maintenance and healthy environment does more than add crucial points toward LEED certification… it ensures significant energy cost savings for the future.
Precast concrete offers compressed design-build schedules which can minimize time to occupancy. Enjoy unmatched durability as well as lower costs, from original construction to continued lower maintenance and energy costs. Also, Tindall precast, prestressed concrete products can help toward providing safer, more energy efficient, Greener environments. We also support renewable energy resources.
• Minimally disrupts the site
• Reduces damage to drainage paths and natural habitats
• Concrete’s light color reduces heat-island effect
• Improves energy efficiency and thermal comfort
• Significantly reduces job site waste and reuses and recycles formwork, keeping materials out of the landfill
• Uses recyclable concrete & steel, and can use waste and recycled materials such as slag, fly ash, and silica fume.