Rail System for Roof Hatch
The roof hatches shall have a clear opening as shown on the drawings, and shall consist of an insulated cover and frame. Material shall be G-90 galvanized steel and have a factory applied coat of primer (.090 Aluminum H-14 3003, mill finish on aluminum models).
Corners shall be fully welded and ground smooth. A gasket between cover and frame shall create a weather tight seal. When the Roof Hatch Cover is opened, the Folding Aluminum Guard Rail System rises upright keeping you in compliance with OSHA 1910.23 for Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes.
• Aluminum Guard Rail System withstands a load of at least 200 pounds applied in any direction at any point on the top rail
• Self-Closing Aluminum Gate
• Aluminum Guard Rail System is mounted to the Roof Hatch, so no roof penetration is required
• Guard Rail System is made from Aluminum (6005-T5) which provides a rust free surface, no painting required (powder coat or anodize finish – optional)
• When the Roof Hatch Cover is closed, the Folding Aluminum Guard Rail System collapses to within 6” above the Roof Hatch Cover. This keeps your OSHA 1910.23 compliant Aluminum Guard Rail System hidden from the viewing public.
• The entire system is shipped as one unit, ready for installation. Must be ordered as complete unit. Cannot be added to existing Roof Hatch.
• 100% Made in the USA
• LEED Benefits